Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas here and gone

But the fat remains.

Why can't I get it through my head that my children and their significant others don't eat nearly as much food as I think they will, but I, like some giant, Eastern European factory ship, will scoop up all that's left because: a) I don't want it to go to waste, b) it's really good, and c) once I start it's very difficult to stop?

I guess I'm a Christmas cake, ginger cookie, shortbread, chocolate, cheezie addict. Not to mention nachos, designer crackers, special breads, and cheeses.

When you put all those things together on three lines they look disgusting, but place them out decoratively on nice serving dishes and I'm a gonner.

Oh well.

Back to the lo-carb, portion control drawing board...

1 comment:

  1. The day after I got back from the extended food-and-drink-athon that was my trip to Windsor, this is what I had for breakfast: a cheese and onion omelette, 2 pieces of toast, 4 shortbread cookies, a quarter pound of dark-choclolate candy-cane bark, and a couple of sections of a Terry's chocolate orange.

    I'm a firm believer in a) not letting the good stuff go to waste, and b) getting it all out of the way quickly. None of that sane rationing for me!

    ReplyDelete