Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Will I ever use this?

I'm having a totally unproductive day at work. Every time I start something, I get interrupted -- at least that's my excuse. So far I've attempted to accomplish three things and failed. Phone calls, doctor appointments, helping my husband hang a piece of stained glass (it looks really nice!), FINALLY ordering online the cleaning solution we're nearly out of. Gosh.

So I thought to myself: "What can I do to make this day less of a failure?" And I thought: "Start a blog! Surely that would at least give me a feeling of creativity or something!".

Let's back up. I live in the country, and telework. My official office is three hours away; my home office is 13 paces from my bedroom and 17 paces from the coffee maker in the kitchen. The view from my office window is of rolling hills and the horses at the farm just down the road. It's a wonderful setup. The only thing that would make it more wonderful is not working. That will happen eventually.

I'm incredibly lucky: I know it. And I'm not taking advantage. Some days are just plain unproductive and that's just the way it is. It was that way when I worked in-house; it's that way now... and ever shall be, world without end, etc. etc.

But look at me! I've started a blog! Will I ever use it? Maybe. Will anyone ever read it? Probably not. That's not a problem.

Perhaps it will he;p me stretch my writing muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment